**This is a Contractor Role**
Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is one of the newest independent companies within Alphabet.
Loon is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our team based in Mountain View, CA. As a Technical Recruiter you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of recruiting execution. In this role you will partner with Loon’s Business Leaders to understand key objectives that will enable you to hire the best technical talent for Loon. You will be responsible for strategic sourcing of passive candidates via industry research, cold calling, complex internet searches and networking, in addition to reviewing and managing inbound candidate flow.
- Partner with business leaders and serve as a subject matter expert around talent for technical functional team(s) by understanding functional hiring needs, position specifications, and search requirements.
- Create and execute search strategy to source active/passive candidate pipelines through industry research, networking, cold calling, complex internet searches, and application.
- Engage with active and passive candidates to create strong relationships to assess candidates for fit and motivation rather than simply sell a role. Manage the candidate experience throughout the recruiting process with a high level of integrity and proactive communication.
- Evaluate skill level and manage the offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and expectations and offer negotiations.
- Manage ATS (Greenhouse) and update tracking documentation to track recruiting process in real time.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of recruiting experience of in-house recruiting with a high growth startup.
- Experience closing candidates and managing compensation packages that include equity components.
- Proven ability to thrive and build strong relationships internally/externally in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Combination of agency and in-house recruiting experience.
- Experience developing recommendations, implementing solutions and designing creative recruiting strategies as an individual contributor.
- Ability to prioritize and succeed in a highly ambiguous environment with competing demands.
- A track record of personal accountability, work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build productive relationships.