Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is one of the newest independent companies within Alphabet.
As an Administrative Business Partner, you're at the heart of your team's business operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest Google products and services. You also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Administrative jobs at Loon are staffed by bright, organized, energetic and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things. Working behind the scenes, we make a significant impact on the people we support as well as on our project and company goals. We're adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. We can navigate ambiguity and change while creating stability for those around us.
- Perform an array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment)
- Coordinate duties for multiple offices
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies
- Coordinate teamwide events and meetings to help foster team cultur
- Serve as a lead for small projects
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of direct executive support experience
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of process, project and program management practices - and the ability to apply them when solving operational issues
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Strong problem solving ability combined with impeccable judgement and ability to navigate ambiguity with limited guidance or direction
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Excellent analytical skills and very detail oriented
- Responsive and adaptable to varying needs and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Start-up experience a plus!