Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is one of the newest independent companies within Alphabet.
The Loon team is looking for a Staffing and HR Program & Operations who will be responsible for the strategy, design, and execution of Loon’s recruiting data and operations. You live and breathe data and can communicate that data effectively, which is used to inform current and new strategies, programs, and operations. You will help bring clarity to business owners and partners, drive the identification and adoption of best practices across our Staffing teams, and you'll decrease the required time for our leaders to make optimal decisions, while increasing their time to strategize and lead. You will lead staffing operations while supporting parts of HR operations. You will be responsible for interview training, hiring manager training, staffing metrics, and reporting. You will also own the day-to-day functionality and HR transactions. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with the ability to look at the bigger picture. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at Loon.
The operations specialist is integral in the success of the company and the satisfaction of the customers. The role, responsibilities, and employment opportunities are expected to grow as Loon grows.
- Flawlessly manage Loon recruiting operations (including our Recruiting Coordination function) to keep our processes running and improve where necessary.
- Lead Loon recruiting reporting infrastructure and operations with best in class funnel metrics and hiring forecasts; tease new meaning from the numbers and to strategically advise our loon recruiting team.
- Successfully coordinate all processes, projects, and staffing programs. Involved in aligning, managing, and collaborating with relevant key stakeholders.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure the right data is gathered and optimally structured to enable reporting, dashboards, and data analysis. Additionally ensure proper HR data security and integrity.
- Creative thinking and execution of staffing and HR strategies, including Loon’s intern program.
- Experience designing and developing metrics reporting, dashboards, trend analysis, and recommendations
- Experience working with multiple data sources and combining relevant information to generate insights to create effective reporting solutions (e.g., dashboards, tables, metrics)
- Experience working in executing, simplifying, and improving operations in the people operations organization.