Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. Loon is built on a sophisticated system of products and services that combine advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems. These platforms enable Loon to harness the stratosphere, transforming global connectivity and creating endless possibilities for new applications by bridging ground, sky and space.
Loon is looking for a highly creative product manager intern, who is extremely well organized, with excellent project management skills and a strong sense of focus. The ideal candidate will pay attention to technical, business, and organization details to enable Loon to deliver outstanding results in a rapid timeframe.
Loon's operations span the globe, and the technical work ranges from hardware to software. As a Product Manager Intern at Loon, you will need to keep the big picture in mind while being able to focus on resolving unique, specific engineering challenges that we face daily. Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you will manage projects of various size and scope, identify future opportunities, improve product-market fit and drive the roadmap for our technical systems.
You should also expect to tackle large internal and customer-facing challenges in defining the product roadmap in this role, including interfacing with the software & hardware engineering teams, as well as the cross functional organization (marketing, PR, legal, privacy, policy, partnerships, business development, etc.). Expect lots of ambiguity, and just the right amount of chaos.
*To be eligible for Loon's Intern/Co-op Program, you must currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s/MBA, or PhD degree with at least one remaining quarter or semester after completing your Internship or Co-op program in 2020.
- Build and manage the product roadmap, including current and future products, to support our goals and strategies, in partnership with the engineering and cross-functional teams
- Evaluate product business cases, develop go-to-market strategies, and provide recommendations to Loon leadership
- Establish product priorities, message them to the Engineering organization, track progress, plan and drive product development and launches
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree
- One year product management experience developing products and services for the telecommunications or aerospace sector
- Three years product management experience
- Have taken a telecommunications or aerospace product or service from concept to launch
Please note that you will be required to submit a Case Study along with your application.