Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. Loon is built on a sophisticated system of products and services that combine advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems. These platforms enable Loon to harness the stratosphere, transforming global connectivity and creating endless possibilities for new applications by bridging ground, sky and space.
Join a growing mission driven team in a fast paced start up at a pivotal time of our first few commercial deployments! In addition to rolling out connectivity into various markets around the globe, we are also leveraging our expertise to help others succeed in the stratosphere! Our balloons have travelled record-breaking 1M+ hours and 40M+ kms in the stratosphere, and we’ve built our expertise into Loon Software Defined Network. This network helps us and other companies orchestrate complex networks across the ground, stratosphere, and space. And we’re actively exploring additional commercial opportunities in the stratosphere.
You will drive the go to market marketing strategy for upcoming new market launches and you'll define and execute product marketing strategy for new and existing products. Loon is at a critical time when we're still in the early stages of building a strong brand, and you will have an opportunity to bring Loon's mission to life through impactful brand marketing initiatives and corporate social responsibility programs.
Loon is a unique project, and each day will unearth interesting challenges. You will work alongside a stellar group of teammates in product, government relations, PR, UX research and business development. Does this sound like an opportunity you are interested in? If so, come join us to deliver on the ambitious goal of global access!
- Drive go to market marketing strategies for new market and product launches. Building strong relationships with key external stakeholders and deliver effective joint co-marketing initiatives.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop product positioning, partner value propositions, and key messaging.
- Design and deliver impactful experiences, events, and brand marketing initiatives.
- Guide creative partners to deliver brand and product marketing assets, including film, photography, printed and digital content. Manage briefing, budgeting, and production.
- BA/BS degree or other relevant practical experience; 5+ years of marketing experience in telecommunications or aerospace technology.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering successful initiatives in two out of the three areas of core expertise: partner marketing, product marketing, brand marketing.
- Strong track record of prioritizing and executing competing priorities in a fast-moving environment, with the ability to rally disparate perspectives around a common goal.
- Team player with the ability to influence and collaborate with multiple stakeholders at all levels across functions. Adaptability, resilience, and being comfortable with ongoing change.
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must, with the ability to shift between strategy and execution. Willingness and ability to shift between strategy and hands-on work.
- Background and/or solid knowledge of telecommunications industry: ideally previous experience in a mobile network operator, satellite operator or aviation.
- Experience launching marketing initiatives globally, ideally in a regulated industry.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Global experience, incl. in emerging markets. Appreciation and understanding for cultural differences.
- Business to Business (B2B) marketing experience in telecommunications or aerospace technology.