Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. Loon is built on a sophisticated system of products and services that combine advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems. These platforms enable Loon to harness the stratosphere, transforming global connectivity and creating endless possibilities for new applications by bridging ground, sky and space.
The Communications Systems Team at Loon develops and deploys all of the communications hardware and software; both on the ground and within our stratospheric vehicle to fulfill our global connectivity mission. This exciting work environment is fast paced, cross functional and rewarding. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, responsible for all; Platform, Access, Testing and Deployment of Nex Gen Communication Platforms. The team is responsible for 10-15 global projects at any given time; with several deployments each quarter. You will play a pivotal role of influencing and defining our Software Release Standardization. Your ability to identify and eliminate team barriers through communication, strategy and agile innovation is second nature. You will collaboratively determine best practices and process improvement of Software productivity, ensuring radical, project milestones are continuously achieved within Loon.
- Scoping all software work, with help from the software engineers, and ensuring the proper engineering design process (e.g. architecture/design, implementation, test, and verification) is followed across all Communications Systems programs - including internal and external programs
- Scheduling the completion and roll-out of software deliveries
- Coordinating cross-functionally with other Technical Program Managers, tech leads, and engineering managers to ensure priorities and schedules are in-line with Loon priorities
- Ensuring proper triage and resolution of issues seen from deployed services
- BS in relevant engineering discipline
- Practical experience in an engineering, technical program management, and/or technical management field
- Experience working in a fast moving, highly cross functional role
- MS in relevant engineering discipline
- Substantial practical experience in an engineering, technical program management, and/or technical management field
- Prior work experience presenting complex topics to a wide range of audiences (e.g. deeply technical engineers, leaders with some technical experience, executive staff with little to no technical experience)
- Experience working with Project Management/Open Source Tools, Jira, Gantt Charts, Wrike, Bug/Feature, OKR tracking, etc.
- Fluency in Japanese, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
- Ability/Willingness to travel domestically and internationally